The BSH has nearly 1,200 members. The multi-disciplinary membership includes
- nurses (community, primary and secondary care)
- trainees in internal medicine
- other healthcare professionals involved with the:
- diagnosis, treatment and management of heart failure, and
- research in this area
- Free online access to the Oxford Textbook of Heart Failure until 28 February 2017
- Regular updates and information on BSH meetings and projects, including programmes for the BSH Annual Autumn Meeting and heart failure-related programmes for the British Cardiovascular Society Annual Conference
- Updates on other heart failure initiatives that we feel would be of interest to our members, including programmes endorsed by the BSH
- Reduced registration fees for the BSH Annual Autumn Meeting (takes place in November every year), BSH Heart Failure Day for Revalidation and Training, BSH Heart Failure Nurse and Healthcare Professional Study Day and other meetings organised by the BSH
- Opportunity to submit an abstract for the BSH Young Investigators' Award at the BSH Annual Autumn Meeting
- Invitation to BSH Annual General Meetings
- BSH meeting reports
- Opportunity to contribute to the future development of the BSH – comments and suggestions from members are always welcomed
- Invitation to submit educational programmes related to heart failure to be considered for BSH endorsement
- Opportunity to stand as, nominate or vote for a candidate for the BSH Board elections (held once every two years)
- 20% discount on medical titles from Clinical Publishing
- 20% discount on heart failure-/cardiology-related titles from Oxford University Press
How to join/renew?
Joining and paying by standing order, annual membership fees are
- £30 per year for nurses and research fellows
- £40 per year for all other healthcare professionals
Joining/renewing and paying by cheque or bank transfer, annual membership fees are
- £35 per year for nurses and research fellows
- £45 per year for all other healthcare professionals
A discretionary reduction for those who are unable to contribute the full fee will be considered upon application.
A £10 membership fee is offered to students to cover membership from the period of application until graduation.
To join, please complete the application form (pdf, word).