The BSH has over 1,000 members. The multi-disciplinary membership includes
- nurses (community, primary and secondary care)
- trainees in internal medicine
- other healthcare professionals involved with the:
- diagnosis, treatment and management of heart failure, and
- research in this area
- Free online access to Oxford Textbook of Medicine until 31 October 2014
- Regular updates and information on BSH meetings and projects
- Updates on other heart failure initiatives, including programmes endorsed by the BSH
- Reduced registration fees for meetings organised by the BSH
- BSH meeting newsletters
- Opportunity to contribute to the future development of the BSH – comments and suggestions from members are always welcomed
- Invitation to submit educational programmes related to heart failure to be considered for BSH endorsement
- Opportunity to stand as, or nominate, a candidate for the BSH Board elections (held once every two years), and vote for candidates
How to join/renew?
Joining and paying by standing order, annual membership fees are
- £30 per year for nurses, research fellows and medical students
- £40 per year for all other healthcare professionals
Joining/renewing and paying by cheque, bank transfer or online, annual membership fees are
- £35 per year for nurses, research fellows and medical students
- £45 per year for all other healthcare professionals
A discretionary reduction for those who are unable to contribute the full fee will be considered upon application.
To join, please complete the application form (pdf, word).